Content on Mirageportal may include ads, affiliate links, or brand-sponsored, when you purchase through a link on our site, we may earn affiliates commission, but no additional charges.
- First What Is An Android Os?
- Best antivirus for android list
- 1. Avast
- 2. Bitdefender Mobile Security
- 3. Kaspersky Mobile Security For Android
- 4. Norton Mobile Security for Android
- 5. Sophos Android Security (Free)
- 6. McAfee Mobile Security
- 7. Trend Micr0 Mobile Security
- Bottom Line
Oh! hello, you might come into my site with the question of what is the best antivirus for android right? but before we answer your question here is another question that may come into your mind, do we need an Antivirus for Android?
It is the most common question among Android users and the short answer is Yes, but why? let’s find out.
First What Is An Android Os?
According to Wikipedia
Android is a mobile operating system developed by Google. It is based off of a modified version of the Linux kernel and other open source software, and is designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
Android is a Linux Based Operating system, and we all know how to secure a Linux Operating System against Malware was, that’s why many people think that Android Os is so secure against Malware and other Online threat, and think that they don’t even need an Antivirus or Antimalware on their devices.
But before you might be overconfident that your device will not be infected at any cost here is an example.
Did you know that android by far was the largest Operating system? with a massive number of users worldwide and according to businessofapps.com, there are 2.8 billion active users?
And maybe you might think ( So what’s the catch I don’t care if android is the largest operating system with a massive user worldwide, my device is so secure and I don’t need an antivirus no matter what I don’t need that sh*****t !! )
So here’s the thing as years pass by—viruses, malware, and other online threats are continuous to evolved that even Android Os is no longer safe for online threats, besides, according to Av-test.org they have registered and examined 350,000 new malicious programs every day, you can also see the number of threats yearly based on the graph by av-test institute below.
No. of malware yearly, Screenshot via Av-test.org
I conclude that the main reason for this is the 2.8 billion active users of Android, the more users, the more potential victims for Cybercriminals that’s why even the most secure downloading apps like the Google play store are not safe for cyber threats.
For a list of samples of dangerous Play Store malware apps, you can read these Articles, Google Play Store Malware.
For further knowledge, samples, and explanation about Malwares, viruses, and Online threats you can visit these Articles, Internet Safety the Ultimate Guide.
Meanwhile, if you are already convinced that you need anti-virus or anti-malware you can continue to read our main topic (the best antivirus for android), but if not you can just hope that malware will not hit or infect your device.
Best antivirus for android list
Avast as a traditional Antivirus tool has gained popularity over the years and is one of the most trusted Anti-virus for Android.
This antivirus software always gets a high score from independent lab tests like AV-test.org and AV-comparatives.org, in other words, Avast is an antivirus you can rely on.
Avast has a free version powered with ads but if you hate ads you can purchase their Pro (Paid) version, but for a free version it offers a lot of useful features compared to other free antivirus apps.
Avast Features Both Free And PRO version.
- Block spam and other unwanted calls (Free with ads)
- Secure photos and apps using a PIN code, pattern, or fingerprint password ( PRO paid version)
- Hide online activity and access geo-restricted content with VPN ( PRO paid version)
- Perform regular scans to detect threats and vulnerabilities (Free with ads)
- Detect malicious apps before you install them (Free with ads)
- Protect against malware-infected links on the web. (Free with ads)
- Verify the security of any Wi-Fi network (Free with ads)
- Track your device’s location (Free with ads)
- Lock your device or wipe all of your sensitive data (Free with ads)
- Secretly capture photos and audio of the thief (PRO)
- Automatically register your device as lost after SIM change (PRO)
- Free up storage space by cleaning out junk (Free with ads)
- Speed up your device with RAM Boost (Free with ads)
- Extend battery life by adjusting power-consuming Android settings (Free with ads)
- See which apps you spend the most time on (Free with ads)
- Learn which apps are better off used on a Wi-Fi connection (Free with ads)
- Easily check app permissions to understand how apps access your phone (Free with ads)
2. Bitdefender Mobile Security
A Romanian cybersecurity expert and one of the biggest names that sell anti-malware solutions both windows, iOs, Mac OS, and Android.
Their products dominate every lab test from a different independent company, but unlike Avast, Bitdefender mobile security gives 14 days trial for free, and after the free trial ends you need to choose and purchase their premium plans.
However Bitdefender Mobile security is not completely free, but with a great reputation for anti-virus, a very high detection rate, and one of the best antivirus for android and also the best value for your money.
- The best protection for your Android smartphone and tablet
- Secure VPN for a fast, anonymous and safe experience while surfing the web
- Remotely locate, lock, and wipe your Android device in case of loss or theft
- Snaps a mugshot of anyone who tries to use your phone in your absence, and emails it to you
- Account Privacy that verifies whether your email account has been breached
- Minimal impact on battery life
3. Kaspersky Mobile Security For Android
If there is Bitdefender surely, there will be Kaspersky Mobile security for android, like its competitor Bitdefender– Kaspersky has also one of the big names for antivirus and anti-malware, for being the number one competitor of Bitdefender and Kaspersky gets toe to toe with Bitdefender.
You can use Kaspersky mobile security as long as you want for free but with limited features for just a malware scanner with no real-time protection.
Kaspersky Mobile security always gets a high score based on independent lab results like Av-test.org and AV-comparatives.org.
Kaspersky Mobile Security Features free and paid
- Rigorous protection technologies (Free version)
- Manual scanning for malware – for apps & devices (Free version)
- Data protection – if your device is lost or stolen (Free version)
- Support for Android Wear simplifies security management (Free version)
- Easy, online control of security functions and more (Free version)
- Automated scanning for malware – for apps & devices (Premium only)
- Protection against phishing sites & SMS links (Premium only)
- Locks your key apps with a secret code – plus hide calls, texts & logs from prying eyes (Premium only)
4. Norton Mobile Security for Android
Norton Mobile Security is an antivirus solution for android owned by Symantec, and one of the biggest and most popular antiviruses, but unfortunately, Norton is one of the most expensive in terms of pricing, but with a high price it has a promise of full protection for your device.
Like its competitors, Norton Mobile Security gets a high score on every independent lab test.
Their useful features include Mobile insight that analyzes and crawls app stores to ensure that the apps you have to download are safe.
Features for Norton Mobile Security
- Report Card
- Proactive Malware Blocker
- Privacy Advisor
- Intrusive Adware App Advisor
- Excessive Battery and Data Usage App Advisor
- Privacy Report Interactive Map
(Shows where in the world apps might be sending personal information and photos)
- Antiphishing Web Protection
- Safe Browsing
- Wi-Fi Security
- Malware Protection
- Remote Locate
- Contacts Backup
- SIM Card Lock
5. Sophos Android Security (Free)
British cybersecurity experts with a reputation of detecting and analyzing different kinds of malware, and now Sophos offers free antivirus for android (anti-malware), in fact, Sophos android antivirus is one of the few that always get a perfect score in AV-test.org
There are a lot of benefits to using Sophos Android security firstly there is a Secure QR Code scanner, secondly, it has real-time protection, and more importantly, this app was was completely free, you can enjoy and benefits from all its feature for free.
Features of Sophos Android Security
- Anti-malware and antivirus protection (Scans apps when you install them)
- Loss and theft protection (Remote lock or wipe a lost or stolen Android device)
- Spam protection (Filters incoming text messages (SMS) according to your rules)
- Privacy protection and security (Detects apps accessing personal data such as your address book)
- Authenticator (Manage multiple accounts from the same screen)
- Secure QR Code Scanner (Confirms target URLs are free of malicious content before opening)
6. McAfee Mobile Security
An American cybersecurity company owned by Intel that offers antivirus (anti-malware) solutions for your android device, it is one of the famous and biggest names for anti-malware that score pretty well on every independent lab test.
McAfee mobile security has its new features is Wi-fi guard they said they bring out a 256-bit bank-grade VPN encryption to protect you when you’re connected to a public Wi-fi, besides, it also adds a memory booster and battery booster to optimize your device however Wi-fi guard is just available for premium plans.
McAfee Free Features
- Device Lock Security and Thief Cam
- Anti-Spyware ( it prevents cyber thieves from phishing and gain access to your device)
- Remotely Wipe Data
- Locate, Track, and Alarm
- Anti-theft Uninstall Protection (It keeps a thief from uninstalling McAfee from your device)
- Remotely manage your McAfee mobile security app from the web portal
- App Privacy Check
- Battery Booster
- Memory Booster
- Storage Cleaner
- Track Data Usage
- Mobile antivirus security plus virus cleaner and removal (Provides real-time protection for your device)
- Safe Wi-Fi
- Mobile Security Scan
- Wi-Fi Guard VPN
- Safe Web
- Guest Mode (Control which apps your guest can see on your device)
- App Lock
- Phone Support
- Media Upload
- No Ads
7. Trend Micr0 Mobile Security
Trend Micro is one of the best cybersecurity company– headquartered in Tokyo, this company has wide experience in protecting and eliminating cyber threats for years.
They also provide security for customers of VMware, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud platform and now they’re, top of the line security can protect your android devices.
Trend micro mobile security is not free, you will be given just a 7-day trial to try their product, then you should purchase one of their plans to enjoy their top-of-the-line security.
Features of Trend Micro Mobile security
- Protects you against ransomware, Fake banking, shopping, and financial apps
- Scans URLs and blocks dangerous sites
- Monitor links in text messages, Facebook, Line, & WhatsApp.
Wi-Fi scanning to report unsecured network connections
- Remote console to find your lost phone, recover from common ransomware hijacking or wipe your device
- App manager, cleaner system, and app optimizer
- Parental Controls keep your children from accessing unwanted web content and apps
- Pre-install Scan – Innovative antivirus feature that detects Google Play and sideloaded apps with malware before they install
- Pay Guard Mobile – Added security to your banking and financial apps. Guards against fake banking, financial and shopping apps that trick you into giving up an account and personal information
- Safe Surfing – Use Chrome, or other browsers, and stay clear from harmful websites
- Privacy Scanner for Facebook
- Wi-Fi Checker – Notifies you when connecting to an unsecured network
- System Tuner – Helps you manage battery and memory efficiently
- Malware Scan & Cleaner – Scan & removes malware to restore your smartphone’s normal settings
- Privacy Scanner – Warns you of apps that could expose your personal information
- Vulnerability Scanner – warns you of apps that could be exploited by a hacker
- App Lock – User-selected apps (including system settings) can be blocked from unauthorized used
- Secret Snap – Capture a picture of unauthorized attempts to use your device
- System Health Check – get notifications for system settings that may leave you vulnerable
- Lost Device Protection – This Lets you find, lock, or wipe a missing device, or recover from attacks
- App Manager – Helps free up device space by displaying each app’s last used date and storage space to enable easy app removal.
As the Threats continue to bring havoc over the years, it is necessary to get an antivirus or anti-malware to your device for your protection, and don’t wait to be compromised.
All of the antivirus for android (anti-malware) on this list provides 100% detection based on an independent lab test, it is not necessary to used two or more antivirus for your security but instead you can just choose one of the antiviruses from the list that is best for your preference.
I would also like to thank you for reaching this very last part of this article, if you have some questions about these games just let me know in the comment section if you want to support me and to help Mirageportal to grow you can purchase through links in this website.
I may earn affiliate commissions and it will help this website a lot, and those that I earn can help to improve and give you more valuable guides, tips, and reviews to some of the latest and best games out there.
My Affiliate is from a legitimate company such as Google, Amazon, Redmagic, etc. I guarantee that all the Affiliate links and banners are legit and safe. Thank you for supporting Mirageportal.
6 thoughts on “7 Best Antivirus for Android Free and paid 2023”
Hello my friend! I want to say that this article is amazing, nice written and include almost all important infos. I would like to look more posts like this .
Thank you for the good write up. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! By the way, how could we communicate? Go to these guys: How To Learn To Password Protect Folder Just 15 Minutes A Day
Thanks for the support, I’m glad you find my article helpful, you can reach me through email at [email protected].
Like!! I blog frequently and I really thank you for your content. The article has truly peaked my interest.
Thanks for share your blog here .